For all you D&D players out there, we are taking preorders of the limited edition cover Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes. As an Advanced Level store we will be getting our copies in one week earlier – on May 18th. Normal release date is May 29th.
- Dozens of new monsters with game stats and descriptions
- A vast array of other creatures from across the planes of existence
- New character races
- New personality tables
- Material on the major conflicts of the D&D multiverse
For the month of May 2018 we will be running events for Brawl on Tuesdays nights. Entry is $5 per person. Bring your best 1v1 Brawl deck either Standard or Modern legal to play. Prize support is any Standard legal pack while supplies last. A win is best 2 out of 3 games per match against your opponent. Cards banned in Standard will be banned for Standard Brawl.
For those playing our Modern Brawl, cards from the following sets will be banned for the first 4 weeks of play: Journey into Nyx, Dark Ascension, Alara Reborn, Lorwyn, Champions of Kamigawa, Mirrodin. Afterwards, a new 6 sets will be banned with the previous weeks banned sets allowed back in. The idea is to have rotating sets allowed within Modern Brawl to keep things interesting.
What is Brawl?
- Each player’s deck is exactly 60 cards. Other than basic lands, no card may appear in a deck more than once. Each card must be legal in the Standard or Modern format.
- Before the game begins, each player designates one legendary creature or planeswalker card in their deck as their commander. This card begins the game in the command zone and the other 59 cards are shuffled up.
- The mana symbols that appear on your commander dictate what cards may be in your deck. Mana symbols that don’t appear on your commander can’t be in the deck. For example, if the Dominaria card Firesong and Sunspeaker is your commander, your cards may have R, W, both, or neither, but no B, G, or U symbols may appear anywhere in your deck. This includes the card’s text box as well as its mana cost; for example, Pride Sovereign from the Hour of Devastation set can’t be in your deck if your commander has only G in its cost and rules text.
- Each player begins the game at 30 life rather than 20. If you’re playing a multiplayer game (which we recommend for Brawl!), each player draws seven cards again on their first mulligan and the player who plays first draws a card on their first turn.
- As long as your commander is in the command zone, you may cast it from there. Doing so costs an additional two mana for each time you have cast the card this way this game.
- If your commander is countered or leaves the battlefield, you may put it back into the command zone instead of putting it anywhere else it would go.
- The Brawl variant has no other rules for playing, winning, or losing the game. Have fun!
Join us for the Rivals of Ixalan Store Championship! $5 entry fee. Standard format.
When: Saturday, April 7th, 2018 @ 3:00 pm
What Does a “Standard Deck” Mean?
The following sets are currently Standard legal: Kaladesh, Aether Revolt, Amonkhet, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan and Rivals of Ixalan.
What Do I Get?
All participants receive a Steel Leaf Champion full-art promo card (while supplies last). The Top 8 players each receive an exclusive deck box with Dominaria artwork.
The Champion will receive an exclusive playmat as shown below.